Friday, May 12, 2023

Blind Love : The True Story of the Texas Cadet Murders by Peter Meyer

  Dear Readers ...

I am old. I was a teen when Adrianne Jones was murdered. I have been obsessed with this case since I first heard about. I revisit it every now and then. David Graham and Diane Zamora were the "perfect" American teens. They were intelligent, successful and on their way to make their dreams come true. For Graham it meant the Airforce an Zamora the Navy. 

 They had so much potential and opportunity but they tossed it all aside. They
took a life and ruined theirs in the process. Zamora and Graham were a couple (of fools!) and were obsessively wrapped into one another. Their relationship was unhealthy and moving way too fast. They'd only been together a few months before they got engaged and planned out their lives together. 

Graham cheated on Zamora (keep in mind that Graham has recanted this but for the purpose of this book he did). After holding on to the guilt he confessed to Zamora. Zamora went bat-shit crazy. She went mad, banged her head, screamed, cried and then demanded Jones death as a means of redemption. Shortly after this, Graham and Zamora violently murdered Jones. Her body was found. An innocent man was accused and the crime   went unsolved until Zamora confessed to her roommates. 

Meyer's book is nearly impossible to find. I had to borrow it from archive.org. They book is lays out their relationship, the murder of Jones and the fallout. Meyer wrote the book before the trial took place so it is about the information he had at that time. There is no court trial information but they are found guilty. 

It's an easy read and I did learn a few new things. I would like a more updated version to read.







No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...