Skip to main content

The Affair by Colette Freedman



The Affair will be released, January 29, 2013.



Kathy and Robert have been married for 18 years and have two teenage sons. Life is routine and ordinary. The spark of the marriage isn't what it use to be --- and after a suspicious number appears on her husbands phone, she begins to investigate and discovers more than she bargained for.

The Affair gives a interesting view point on cheating. The story is told in three parts. Each part focus on a different person, the wife, the husband and the mistress. They each tell their own story, their own views. Freedman, manages to make each character likable, which is amazing considering the subject matter. Freedman makes it possible for you to live your emotions through the wife, empathize with the husband and the mistress. 


That's right. I said empathize.  You absolutely have to read this book to find out why. They story is gripping and emotional. Expect a few redundancy's since the story is repeated three times. The story flows and is beautifully written.



Grade: A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Year We Turned Forty by Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke

I didn't read the synopsis of, "The Year We Turned Forty" and it ended up being completely different than I anticipated and as a result of this, I was loss for a bit until I figured out what was going on!

The book starts off with our main characters about to turn 50 (see why I was lost?!?) 
Jessie, Gabriela, and Claire are best friends and have made it a tradition to celebrate their birthday's that are close in date to one another.  For their 50th birthday they have chosen Vegas as their party destination. 

A drift and secrets between the friends have changed the dynamics of their friendship in the past 10 years and they are all distinctly aware of this. The past ten years have been met with many ups and downs and some life altering experiences. There has been death, divorce, birth and career highs but when they are given the opportunity by a magician to travel back to the year their turned 40 they take it.

They are given exactly one year to relive their 40th year befo…

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

I was lucky enough to get an ARC (advanced readers copy) of Gone Girl back in 2012, I felt it was time to revisit it and I found that I enjoyed it now just as much as I did then! You can read my review from 2012 by clicking HERE.


‘You two are the most fucked-up people I have ever met, and I specialize in fucked-up people.”
― Gillian Flynn, Gone Girl

Gone Girl is a fast paced, exciting read! It's about a young married couple named Nick and Amy who are down on their luck and move away from Amy's beloved New York to a Nick's small hometown in Missouri to care for his ailing mother and open up a bar on what is left of Amy's trust fund monies.

The bar allows for the Dunne's to leave a comfortable life but Amy is terribly unhappy, hates the home they are living in and their once romantic, loving marriage had turned. On the day of their wedding anniversary, Amy disappears. The crime scene appears staged and Nick is the number one suspect.

Nick pleads his innocenc…

The Night Voyage: A Magical Adventure and Coloring Book by Daria Song

Publish Date - Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 The Night Voyage is a sweet, sweet coloring book. The drawing are delightful and quite lovely. I am not sharing pictures because this book has not been released yet  but I've had it for weeks (Thanks, NetGalley) and couldn't be more enchanted with it. The details are precious and since I had only have a electronic version, I plan to go out and purchase my own copy! I am looking forward to spending many hours coloring this and you will too!