Monday, February 20, 2017

The Nearness of You by Amanda Eyre Ward

The Nearness of  You by Amanda Eyre Ward
Will be released, February 21, 2017
 
 
 
Suzette and Hyland Kendall have been childless for 15 years. Suzette's childhood was less than stellar and she has no desire to pass on the genetics that were responsible for her mother's mental illness that  eventually landed her in a mental institution. Suzette agrees to using a surrogate to carry a child with Hyland's genes. It's a whirlwind of emotions and choices but the finally find the "right" candidate.
 
 
Dorrie is young and goes into the surrogacy naively but the tides change and she realizes she can't give up the child. She disappears without a trace, leaving Suzette and Hyland heartbroken and searching for their child until a seemingly ordinary day, when a knock on the door changes their lives once again.
 
This book is full of emotions and the characters narrate their own stories. They each have their own voice and their passages are easy to follow. I related to Suzette on so many levels but I suspect many will hate her or not understand her because they can't possible understand or get past her not want children.  I found myself engrossed in this novel and left wanting more.
 
Be warned that the start of the book is the "end" of the book and many readers my not like the ending but I LOVED it. I can say this is her best book to date and I just might pick up some of her other books that I have yet to read.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...