Sunday, August 2, 2015

After (Nineteen Stories of Apocalypse and Dystopia) by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling

I wanted to love, "After" but it's a mixed bag of nuts. Some you love, some you wish you hadn't bitten into.

After,  is an anthology, of 19 post apocalyptic and dystopian stories, written by a variety of authors, some more well known then others.

I had to skip two stories, one because it was impossible to read, due to the way the author choose to write  (the character didn't know how to write and it was written without prose) and the other because to put it simply it was boring. There were only two stories that I loved and that was because it held true to the authors characters in their full length novels.

Time has become precious to me, as I am working more then ever and I wish I had skipped over this book and read something else. If you don't have much time to spare or don't want your opinion on some of your loved characters to diminish, skip this book and pick up something else.

Grade: D+


No comments:

Six Truths and a Life | By Ream Shukairy

Expected Publication Date: March 12, 2024 A Fourth of July bonfire party ends with an explosion and 6 muslin teens behind bars. A person is ...