Monday, January 23, 2017

Second Glance by Jodi Picoult


As many of you know, I am rereading Jodi Picoult's novels in the order they were published. I actually never read Second Glance so this is my first introduction to this book.

I had a really difficult time reading this book and it took me weeks (I read more than one book at a time). I had a very difficult time getting into it. There were aspects of the stories I found very interesting (such as the boy with the XP disorder) but overall the story lacked interest.

Picoult uses a different writing style and that may be what makes the story difficult to follow since it doesn't flow the way her other novels do, maybe it is the story line or a combination of both.

This novel has a lot of characters and stories in it.  Land in Comtosook, Vermont  is put up for sale and sold. The local Abenaki Indian tribe protest the land being built on as they insist is is a burial ground. A stream of supernatural events take place and a ghost hunter enters the picture to investigate the property.

He has a host of his own issues but he ends up finding more than he bargained for. There are a bunch of other characters and they all have their own stories to tell -- so much more interesting than others.

This book is basically about, murder, love and ghosts? This is not a page turner or a book I would revisit or recommend.





No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...