Monday, January 30, 2017

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult


My Sister's Keeper is a compelling read.  Jodi beautifully captures what each parties feeling, making you empathetic to each person.

My Sister's Keeper centers around 13 year old Anna. Anna was born for the sole purpose of providing help for her older sister, Kate who has leukemia. Seconds after her birth her umbilical cord was whisked away to use for Kate. Over the next 13 year, Anna undergoes countless procedures to keep her sister alive. Kate's body is failing and she needs a kidney from Anna, Anna files for medical emancipation, causing turmoil in her family home.

As the stories unfold, you find that Anna and Kate's older brother is troubled and the family has mixed emotions regarding Anna's lawsuit. Her lawyer and his life story plays in as a secondary story, which I found very intriguing and was left wanting more.

The first time I read this book, I was satisfied with the ending but this time I found the ending to be a bit melodramatic and trite despite this I recommend the read.


No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...