Sunday, May 8, 2016

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella by Stephenie Meyer

I really hated this book when I first read it and now I really like it! I think having read the series in sequence rather than in a span of time has made me appreciate it much.

Initially I hated, hated the Bree character and now -- I really adore her.  She is spunky and her story within itself is pretty sad.  I didn't realize what a proactive, independent and free thinking characters she is.  The development between Bree and Diego is perhaps the most intriguing relationship that Meyer has even written.

Meyer often tells readers that "newborn" vampires are out of control  and have no impulse control however Bree seems to have more control than one would expect of a 3 month old vampire. I was taken back by this and have to wonder if Meyer choose to introduce a "calm" newly made vamp to make her a sympathetic character or because she can't conjure the feral atmosphere of new vamps that she had prepared readers for.


Nevertheless this novella made for a much more palpable read this time around.
This is also my favorite cover of the series.

Grade: B+



No comments:

Six Truths and a Life | By Ream Shukairy

Expected Publication Date: March 12, 2024 A Fourth of July bonfire party ends with an explosion and 6 muslin teens behind bars. A person is ...