Thursday, February 25, 2016

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling and Mary GrandPré

Confession time: I have been attempting to read, Harry Potter since it first came out. I've picked up the book more time than I can count, read a few pages or chapters and was done. I simply could NOT get into it. This year, I made the choice to pick it up again and give it one last try. I am glad, I did.

I feel in love with this book and the characters and am looking forward to reading the rest of the series. It's quirky, cute and an easy escape from the realities of life. The characters and the story lines really make you pull from the imagination center of your brain and enter the world of magic, friendship and the the complexities of life.

I think it is safe to say most people know the premise of this book but just in case......It is essentially about this boy, Harry Potter who's parents were murdered when he was a child. He was sent to live with his family of, muggles (humans who do not possess magic). Harry himself is not aware that he has magical abilities or is famous amongst those who inhabit the magic world.

When, Harry is of age he is sought by those of the magical world and when found he is sent to attend school at Hogwarts and learn magic. He enters an unknown world but manages to make friends and find a comfort level within himself that he didn't have among the muggles. Harry and his friends ban together and the rest..... you have to read for yourself.

Grade: A

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...