Sunday, January 24, 2016

Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire, remains my favorite book in the trilogy. It's quite funny that this is the case because I tend to find the second book in a trilogy trite, long and boring. This one still remains the most entertaining of the three.

The introduction of new characters adds much "fire" to an already intriguing series. When, I first read Catching Fire, I didn't care much for Finnick and I despised Johanna. Now, I like them! I also found myself feeling very sympathetic towards, Haymitch. I suddenly had a much deeper understanding of these characters and how their battles in the previous Hunger Games had shaped them into who they are.

The cast of characters is large but Collin manages to bring them each to life and make you feel emotions associated with each. There is a lot of drama, love, romance, violence and suspense. I also love the level of defiance and the way each side plays on another.

Grade: A+

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...