Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy, Book 1) by Suzanne Collins

It was time to dust off an old favorite and re-read it. I will be re-reading the entire trilogy. I think, I will have a different perspective reading them weeks apart rather than years!

I still LOVE, The Hunger Games and it's slew of characters. I  fell in love with characters that I previously had little to no feelings for.  I noticed things I had either long forgotten or somehow missed the first time I read this book.

The creativity behind such things as tracker jackers,  mocking jays and wolf mutations is  brilliant and adds to the belief of this taking place in the future. I initially hated, hated the love triangle but I've grown to appreciate it and understand it on a different level.

Basically -- I enjoyed re-reading this book -- it was like reconnecting with an old friend. If you haven't read this series yet, do so and if you have re-read it! You'll be happy you did.

Grade: A+

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...