Monday, February 18, 2013

Sticks and Stones: Defeating the Culture of Bullying and Rediscovering the Power of Character and Empathy by Emily Bazelon

Sticks and Stones hits the shelves, February 19, 2012.



Sticks and Stones tackles an age long issue --- Bullying. I remember being a young girl and being teased for being small, skinny and quiet and I remember a group of my friends and I picking on a girl who was "odd" for a variety of reasons.

I can't say that, I know anyone who was never, bullied ---- it seems a very common issue and for some individuals the bullying is harsher and the consequences are dire. Sticks and Stones gives a variety of views on bullying and the roles parents, educators, other adults and students play.

There are several chapters that discuss the events surrounding children who were bullied, some of these  made headline news. Bazelon --- has obviously done extensive research and has thus produced a provocative read.

Grade: A

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...