Sunday, April 14, 2024

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's because my family always joked that Matthew Perry and Salma Hayek's relationship in the movie Fools Rush in remind them of my husband and I's relationships. Maybe it's because I loved the character of Chandler or maybe it's because my I've seen what addiction can do to families or a combination of everything. I had always hoped th
at Matthew Perry would get his happy ending but alas he did not. 

I chose to listen to the audio book and hear Matthew Perry's story in his voice. Matthew Perry is honest and gives an unflinching account on his struggles in life. His addictions, his fears, his low self esteem and his desire to have a family of his own. 

He discusses his life as an actor and details moments of  personal life. His search for love and his attempts to end his addictions. Perry used his humor and charm to make others laugh but in the process lost himself. I'll always carry my crush for Perry in my heart and hope that his book saves lives. 

No comments:

The Library of Borrowed Hearts by Lucy Gilmore

  Published April 30, 2024 Chloe Sampson's is raising her three younger siblings and struggling to make ends meet. Her mother walk away ...