Friday, August 11, 2023

The Only Plane in the Sky: An Oral History of 9/11 Book | by Garrett Graff

 The Only Plane in the Sky explains, educates and remembers the events that took place on and after 9/11.

Graff fills all 512 pages of his novel with haunting visions and details that look into the chaos, panic, horror and confusion of 9/11 and the days after. The narrative is emotional and provides a lot of information that I had either forgotten or did not have knowledge of. 

The collection of stories from will stay with you. Many times I found myself living that day again despite being on the other side of the country as the personal stories from fire fighters, police officers, politicians and others unfolded. 

This is a book that anyone who wants to learn more about 9/11 should pick up. It will be a book that will become permanent
in my book collection. 


No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...