Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough



A kiss at a bar with a stranger leaves single mom Louise smitten. She can 't stop thinking about him. the kiss and the connection.  Much to her surprise and dismay she finds out that her new boss is the man from the bar and he is married. If things weren't awkward enough, Louise runs (literally) into his wife, Adele hours later. 

Adele and Louise become fast friends while  Louise and David continue their affair. Adele and David's marriage is peculiar making Louise suspicious of David. Adele is a strange and full of secrets. The only one trustworthy is Louise but is she being blinded by love?

I don't want to give anything away as I don't want to ruin any moments so I won't divulge any more information

When people call at book a psychological thriller - they are talking about books like this one.  That doesn't mean one can't figure out what is going on. I did when there was about 20 pages left in the book but I didn't quite catch it all until the conclusion!  This is one of those books that you wish you could read again for the first time in order to feel the build up and excitement that comes with it. 

No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...