Friday, May 26, 2023

Happy Place by Emily Henry

 When did I start enjoying all these romance novels? I used to avoid them as much as possible and lately I have been drawn to them. Happy Place drew me in and I felt like a part of the friend group. I was rooting for everyone. 

Harriet and Wyn have been broken up for 6 long painful months however they haven't told their friend group .  They were once the golden couple. The couple everyone envied and now they have to  pretend they are still together when they met up with their friends at their annual getaway. 

The find themselves sharing the largest room and bed unlike in the past when they shared the room with twin beds. In order to continue the charade they have to go all in and act as though they are still together. This means a lot of affection.

Harriet narrates the story telling us about their past and present lives. This makes you instantly feel like her best friend who she shares all her secrets with. Henry's writing makes you fall in love with Wyn via Harriet and feel the love Wyn has for her. I simply love this book and I think you will too. 

No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...