Friday, July 6, 2018

I Have Lost My Way by Gayle Forman

I Have Lost My Way,  follows three characters whose lives intersect. It takes place over one day and is told from the point of view of each character. Freya is a singer who has suddenly without any known reason lost her ability to sing. Harun is gay and afraid to come out to his family as they are deeply religious and Nathaniel's live is falling apart, he is very lonely and depressed.

An incident causes their lives to come together and these three lost souls, who are struggling alone find solace in one another.

The characters are each very distinct in a variety of ways from culture to personality yet in a short amount of time they connect and are able to offer each other comfort, something they can't find from others in their lives.

This is a lovely story about friendship, youth, feeling lost and then connecting with someone and feeling more a part of life.

I enjoyed this novel and would recommend it. My main complaint was that the ending was to abrupt. I felt it had a few more chapters in it.


No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...