Saturday, December 24, 2016

Perfect Match by Jodi Picoult

So -- I have read a few books between this post and the previous. I just can't post them for review yet as they are Advance Readers Copies and I have to wait until a certain date to post those reviews.

I do remember reading, "Perfect Match" and I  was able to recall the majority of the details. I was rather impressed by this.


 Perfect Match deals with the sensitive topic of sexual abuse of a child it is further complicated in that the accused abuser is a priest -- a person that many hold in high esteem. Nina Frost is an assistance district attorney who prosecutes child molesters and when her child become a victim she becomes unhinged.

She knows the law, knows the process and knows that most accusers are set free or serve very little time. Nina wants to make sure that justice is served and she takes matters into her own hands. She becomes the judge and jury and  her actions put her in the defendant seat.

Perfect Match has many narrators and is well written. JP pulls readers into her world. I didn't like Nina Frost but I've found that just because you don't like a character doesn't mean you won't like the book. I have to repeat that I LOVE the research JP puts into her novels and I usually rush off to learn more about topics she covers --- she educates and entertains her readers. Overall a good read.

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...