Sunday, September 4, 2016

Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult


I am revisiting, Jodi Picoult's book by reading them in the order they were published (but, I will probably read the new one do out, way before I finish re-reading all her novels).

I am going to be honest here -- I didn't remember much of, "Harvesting the Heart" --- and quite often asked myself had I really read it, but I know I did because I owned the book and it moved along with me during three moves. I don't know if, I forgot about it because I was reading so many other books at the time or because it didn't "speak" to me.

"Harvesting the Heart" is basically the story about a married couple who have a child and the woman, walks out on her husband and daughter. She feels a urging to revisit her past and find the mother who abandoned her as a child.

In typical, Picoult fashion the story is told in different voices and in alternating chapters. The story starts in the present and flip flops between the past and current time for both characters. There is a bit of a long drawn section on horses that I could have done without. I don't care for the main character, Paige but her story in interesting enough to keep reading. I would have liked to have read more about her husband, Nicholas despite him having few redeeming qualities.

I would not suggest this book to a first time, Picoult reader but if you are a big fan you might want to consider taking some time to read it.




No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...