Saturday, February 14, 2015

I'll Have What She's Having: My Adventures in Celebrity Dieting by Rebecca Harrington



If pneumonia were a food, this is what it would taste like.”
― Rebecca Harrington,
I'll Have What She's Having: My Adventures in Celebrity Dieting


Rebecca Harrington has tried every diet known to mankind. She is a professional dieter. I'll Have What She's Having takes you on, Rebecca's adventure in trying out 14 different diets and none of them turn out quite right!

The writing is funny and at times you cringe and wrinkle you nose in disgust at the foods she tries. There are hilarious moments and moments when you think -- "Just give it up, already!" Harrington pokes fun at celebrities and makes fun of herself.

This is a tiny book about 170 pages and a super fast read. If you have an hour or less to spare, I suggest you pick this up and enjoy the witty writing. My mian issue was the use of "literally", yes I know the definition has been update to include the constant misuse of this word but I expect better from writers. It drove me a bit mad, hopefully you can see past it.


Grade: B

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...