Friday, September 7, 2012

The Kill Order (Maze Runner Prequel) by James Dashner

It's been a bit of time since I blogged but I have been out of commission. I had surgery last Friday and am finally getting to the point where I am awake more than asleep, which means I finally finished a book and I can stay up long enough to blog about it!

The Kill Order is the prequel to the Maze Runner Trilogy. I assumed that it would answer questions but all it did was add more. This book does not focus on the main characters from the Maze Trilogy, it's a different set of characters and they aren't nearly as exciting but it is very interesting to learn about the Solar Flares and the  Flare virus.

This book basically explains the events that lead up to the trilogy but it feels jarring.  It did not really hold my attention as the previous books and I felt unfocused, however that could be because I was doped up on some pretty strong painkillers.

The book is overall pretty good despite the flaws, the main one being unanswered questions.

Grade: B-

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...