Friday, August 10, 2012

Once: An Eve Novel by Anna Carey

Once, is the sequel to, Anna Carey's book, Eve. It follows, Eve into the "glamorous" City of Sand. She is essentially prisoner within the city and wants out from the clutches of the, King.

There is a massive twist in the begging of the book, which I will not divulge as it is an important aspect of the book --- one that causes conflict and anger.  There is also a major event at the end of the book, which I'm still not quite sure, I believe.  I think it's more of a set up ---- for the next book.

The character development is done perfectly and the new cast of character's is amazing. Carey, can really make you feel empathetic to character's. In fact, I'm sorta rooting for a particular character because he is quite likable (in my opinion).

This series is irresistible but, you MUST read Eve first of you will be absolutely confused. It is a bit predictable but a fun read none the less. It took me a bit to get into it and once I did --- I was hooked.

Grade: B 

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...