Friday, March 16, 2012

Pandemonium (Delirium) by Lauren Oliver


Pandemonium starts right where, Delirium left off.

The story is told in alternating chapters of time, "now" and "then". Lena has changed. She is a completely different person. The storytelling is different, more intense, raw and harsh.

Oliver, takes you on a wild, journey. There are new characters and the story is dark. Favorite characters, such as Alex , Hana and Grace are missing, which casts a different light to the story. It isn't quite as entertaining as, Delirium because if is a different type of world.

There is a degree of predictability and the ending has left me overly anxious for the final installment.

Grade: B+




Overview [B&N]
I’m pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...