Monday, September 27, 2010

Tomorrow, When the War Began (The Tomorrow Series #1) by John Marsden


Tomorrow When The War Began is a rather ordinary book. The characters lack development the story plot isn't very entertaining and they story d-r-a-g-s on and on and on...

It borders on unrealistic and as much as I tried I could not "connect" or like one character.
The first 50 pages or so are the best part of the book. It is all downhill from there. I found myself skimming pages and anxiously awaiting the end so that I could start on another book that would captivate me.

I do have to point out that this series must be well liked since there is a demand for it. It has been quite popular for tens of years and has been translated into five different languages. It is also been made into a motion picture. Despite all these positive angles I have to stand my ground and be truthful when saying, I do not like or care for this particular book nor will I be reading the other 10 or so books in this series.

I can't recommend it but if you read it, I hope that you enjoy it far more than I did.


Grade: D

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...