Friday, September 15, 2023

Something Borrowed | By Emily Giffin

Rachel and Darcy have been bestfriends for as long as they can remember. Rachel is the "good girl" while Darcy is the more daring, beautiful, eye catching, attention seeking girl. Rachel is the wall flower behind the scenes until she isn't. On the night of her 30th birthday  Rachel she ends up in bed with Darcy's fiancĂ©. 

Betrayal, confusion and lies by both Rachel and Darcy builds up as the book unfolds revealing the  history between both of the friends and how it's shaped who they are and who they become. 

Giffin's writing keeps you entertained and flipping through pages to find out what is going to happen. Be prepared to laugh and reexamine some of the friendships you have had or have. 

There is nothing quite as comforting as rereading a book. It's like catching up with an old friend and reminiscing. This book also hits different after losing my "best friend" once I was able to figure out I had always been the friend and when I needed her she wasn't there. The movie while entertaining isn't as great as the book. I recommend them both! 



No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...