Friday, April 17, 2020

Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1) by Talia Hibbert

This book ended up being a lot better than I anticipated. I wasn't initially keen on the idea of a romantic novel but I needed a break from some rather heavy reading topics and this book fit the bill.

Chloe Brown is more than just her chronic illness and more than her sharp tongue. She's sweet, caring, feisty and independent. She's snobby (and brave) but in a rather hilarious way and while I didn't initially care for her as a character I grew to like her.

After nearly getting hit by a car, Chloe makes a list and this list puts her onto the path of Redford, our damaged yet gentle hero. Red is healing from a physically and emotionally abusive relationship and finds Chloe to be a pain in the arse but once they get to see another side of one another the relationship blossoms.

There are some really sexy, HOT scenes that may not be appropriate for prudes or young teens. This rom-com will have you laughing and swooning
.

No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...