Friday, December 15, 2017

Sometimes I Lie: A NovelMar 13, 2018 by Alice Feeney

Sometimes I Lie will be released March 13, 2018 

"We are all made of flesh and stars, but we all become dust in the end. Best to shine while you can."





There is nothing more exciting than having a book, an advance readers copy a that arrive at your home unexpectedly for review.  I set this little gem aside because I wanted to be able to give it my full attention and read it in one or two days, rather than a week or longer. I wanted to put 100% of my attention into it and my biggest regret is not reading it sooner! I ended up devouring it in under a a day. The characters are fabulous, well developed and this story had more twists and turns then I have experienced in ages. 

Amber Reynolds our main character "wakes" up in a hospital, with no knowledge of what has happened to her. She can't speak or move but she can hear everything going on around her. Her coma status allows for so many people to say and do things one normally wouldn't say or do to a person who is awake. This gives, Amber insight into what is going on, while leaving readers in the dark (they just don't know they are in the dark!).  Amber uses her coma as a way to help her unravel and determine what has happened to her. 

Like many good psychological thrillers, our story teller is unreliable and mess with your head. Be prepared for an emotional mind crush. The characters are intriguing, chilling and frighting as you see bits of them in people you know and yourself.

The final twist took me by surprise ... and this doesn't happen to me! I can usually spot them
miles away!  It's pure genius and I am looking forward to many more novels by, Feeney! 
I marked more than 17 tabs in this novel of moments and passages that moved me in both a physical, emotional and mental way. I have a habit of writing down phrases from books that move me and this is a record high for me....

No comments:

Six Truths and a Life | By Ream Shukairy

Expected Publication Date: March 12, 2024 A Fourth of July bonfire party ends with an explosion and 6 muslin teens behind bars. A person is ...