Sunday, July 16, 2017

Captive (The Blackcoat Rebellion) by Aimée Carter

Captive is the 2nd book in The Blackcoat Rebellion series. This is the second time I read it. That review can be found HERE.

Captive is a good follow up to Pawn. It keeps with the storyline and more truths are revealed. Aimee Carter does an excellent job of having Kitty recap the previous novel.

Kitty is still acting as Lila Hart but this time she finds herself in Elsewhere, a place where those who have no place in society are sent. Kitty learns the hard way (does this girl ever learn) that she can't trust anyone.

Kitty continues to make the wrong choices and screwing over those she should put faith into. Her choices lead to many ramifications that result in lives lost.

The plot is good enough, the storyline has action but I am over the romance. There is no spark between Kitty and her "beloved" Benny.  I am so over it and feel that their plotline hurts the story more than it helps is along.

I am really starting to dislike Kitty and have reached a point where I really don't care what direction the author goes with her character, maybe she will George RR Marin, Kitty.

The first time I read this novel, I loved it and thought it was better than Pawn. This time around I felt as though it fell into the sophomore slump. This sequel does, Pawn a disservice.


No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...