Monday, October 13, 2014

20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill


“You know someone for a while and then one day a hole opens underneath them, and they fall out of your world.” 
― Joe Hill20th Century Ghosts



I've never been a huge fan of short stories. They don't "speak" to me but at the urging of a fellow and trusted bibliophile, I picked up, Joe Hills, 20th Century Ghosts.

20th Century Ghosts is compilation of stories varying in degree from horror to sweet. Each tale is unique and open to interpretation for example, I felt that the first story was a love story but someone else felt it was a horror story.

Each story features characters that are haunted by their past, befitting of the title, 20th Century Ghosts. Many of these stories left me haunted long after I finished reading this book. I found myself asking over and over again.. "How does he come up with these ideas." They are astute, profound and mesmerizing.

Joe Hill has obviously inherited his father's flair for writing but stands on his, far out from under the shadow of his fathers name.

Grade: A


No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...