Sometimes, truth is better than fiction --- this is one of those times.
I thought a book about a celebrity, hitchhiking across the country would be interesting... especially, when that celebrity is, John Waters. I was wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!
The first 2/3rds of this book consists of fictional stories about hitchhiking. Each story is more peculiar and outrageous than the previous. That isn't to say that some of them aren't interesting because there are a few (2 to be exac..................0t) that are worth reading however the fictional stories are so ridiculously absurd that I had to push myself to read them so, I could get to the nonfiction portion.
Waters, actual experiences hitchhiking (even though he cheated) are intriguing. Some people recognize him, some don't and he successfully makes his journey.
Be prepared for crudity, morbidity and strong sexual language. Expect a few laugh out loud moments from this "meh" book.
Grade: C
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hollow Bones |By Jodi Picoult
Expected Publication Date: September 26. 2026 Molly Fitzgerald was only two months old when her mom had an appointment at the World Trade Ce...
-
The Affair will be released, January 29, 2013. Kathy and Robert have been married for 18 years and have two teenage sons. Life ...
-
I read Columbine many many years ago and for some reason this tragedy has been on my mind leading to me revisiting this book. I remember b...

No comments:
Post a Comment