Monday, June 25, 2012

Wife 22: A Novel by Melanie Gideon

Alice Buckel has been married for 20 years. Her marriage doesn't have the passion it use to. It is lackluster. Her children are growing up and distancing themselves from her. She is a bit obsessed with facebook. Upon opening her email one day, she finds an invite to participate in a marriage survey. 


Before she knows it, she finds herself flirting with "Researcher 101" -- and then falling for him. She begins to question her marriage and so does Researcher 101. 


Wife 22 is engaging, entertaining and a bit predictable. I strongly suggest that you use the index in the back while reading Alice's answers. I wasn't aware of it until I finished the book and had I used it as I read the book, I would have gotten a different perspective on things.


This is a perfect summer read.

Grade: A


No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...