Friday, June 15, 2012

Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel by Sylvia

Bare to You is a completely new genera for me. I haven't read erotica before and when, I was given the opportunity to read this book for free (Thanks, NetGalley!), I figured I would give it a try.

It turned out to be a lot more interesting that I would have suspected. There has been a lot of hype about 50 Shades of Grey. Which I have yet to get my hands on, simply because I don't want to buy the book or check it out from the library. Not became I am embarrassed (okay, maybe a little bit) but because I work at a library and I'd rather my co-workers not know every single thing I read and as far as purchasing goes -- my book money is set aside for a few sequel books, I can't wait to read. So, what I am saying is -- dear reader don't expect a 50 shades review anytime soon!

Okay, back to reviewing ---

Bare to you is rather interesting. It is about two individuals with dysfunctional pasts and families trying to make their relationship work. The sex scene's are steamy and hot but the perfect bodied, exceptionally good looking character part  gets to be a bit of a cliche (oh, yeah and lets not forget the super rich part, either!). Of course no one really wants to read about unattractive people having sex but do the character's have to be so good looking you get a complex?

and --- if that wasn't annoying enough. When the characters' fight, they storm out, make assumptions and then make up. I get it, people get into arguments but do they always have to run away and then make up and have passionate, mind blowing sex without really solving the problem?

Despite these challenges in the storyline and writing the actual book is pretty good. Good enough that I am really fond of the character's and  care about what happens to them. I am anxious to know the secrets they have yet to reveal about themselves and see if they can make this relationship work.  I will be reading the next two books due out this year and next. You should pick this one up and give it a go.

Grade: B

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...