Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Crossed (Matched Trilogy Series #2) by Ally Condie


Crossed is the second novel in the Matched trilogy. It suffers from the "middle book syndrome".

It lacks the passion and excitement that was so prevalent in, Matched. Crossed is more of an adventure book --- a very, very, very long, drawn out adventure. The characters walk and walk and walk.... in search of one another and the rebellion. There is nothing exciting or thrilling about this book.

If you enjoyed and liked Xander, don't expect too much out of him from this book --- he makes a small but significant cameo. A few new characters are picked up along the way but the aren't really worth caring about.

The story is told from two points of view, Ky's and Cassia's however the sound like the exact same person. I found on more than one occasion, I had to turn back the pages to see just who was "speaking."

I think, I just expected a lot more this particular book and that is why I am so disappointed but it won't sway me from reading the third. I just hope it's better than this one because the series has so much promise.

Grade: C

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...