Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray




I really, really wanted to like Beauty Queen but I just couldn't get into it. I had to push myself to finish it.

This book is absolutely absurd. The storyline is undeveloped, the characters are flat and stereotypical. The plot has a lot of potential but the satire genre doesn't quite work for this author. Perhaps it's because I have come to expect more from her and this particular book just falls short.

There wasn't one character I liked and the plot just spirals out of control.

Check this book out from the library if you must --- or borrow it. Don't waste your hard earned bucks.


So much goes on -- -- that I can't quite sum it up. Plane crash --- survivors come together --- they "colonize" --- pirates crash on the island --- a corporation wants to kill them --- crazy island creatures --- blah blah blah....

The only thing, I liked about this book was the cover!

Grade: D

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...