Saturday, February 26, 2011

Delirium by Lauren Oliver


If you loved, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and Matched by Ally Condie, this book is for you. This Dystopian storyline will hook you in from page one to the very end. Love is forbidden and a "cure" exists, one that is required for all. This story is told by 17 year old, Lena. Oliver's writing is exquiset and her character's are multi- dimensional and despite having no, to little emotion the personalities are realistic When the book ends, the reader is left hanging - but don't be disappointed because this this, is set to be a trilogy I just hope we don' t have to wait too long. 

Grade: A Synopsis [B&N] Ninety-five days, and then I'll be safe. I wonder whether the procedure will hurt. I want to get it over with. It's hard to be patient. It's hard not to be afraid while I'm still uncured, though so far the deliria hasn't touched me yet. Still, I worry. They say that in the old days, love drove people to madness. The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and when you don't.

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...