Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Summoning (Darkest Powers, Book 1) by Kelley Armstrong


What a great start to a series! The characters are wonderful, the storyline is enchanting. You will simply devour this book.

The Summoning is unique and unlike any other book I have read. There is supernatural drama, eeriness, suspense and action.

Armstrong does a splendid job at weaving together the past and present life of her main character, Chloe.

This is a fast paced, drool worthy tale. I am excited to get the other two books in this series and just hope that they don't disappoint.

Grade: A


Synopsis [B&N]

My name is Chloe Saunders and my life will never be the same again.

All I wanted was to make friends, meet boys, and keep on being ordinary. I don't even know what that means anymore. It all started on the day that I saw my first ghost—and the ghost saw me.

Now there are ghosts everywhere and they won't leave me alone. To top it all off, I somehow got myself locked up in Lyle House, a "special home" for troubled teens. Yet the home isn't what it seems. Don't tell anyone, but I think there might be more to my housemates than meets the eye. The question is, whose side are they on? It's up to me to figure out the dangerous secrets behind Lyle House . . . before its skeletons come back to haunt me.

No comments:

Six Truths and a Life | By Ream Shukairy

Expected Publication Date: March 12, 2024 A Fourth of July bonfire party ends with an explosion and 6 muslin teens behind bars. A person is ...