Saturday, June 13, 2009

Gone by Michael Grant


Gone is an absolute waste of time. It started off good but then it became a complete a total bore.

About halfway, Grant must have lost stamina or passion in his writing because it becomes nearly impossible to finish. As a matter of fact, I ended up skimming the last 250 pages of the book (a rare, rare thing for me to do).

You are never really "pulled" into the authors fictional world or develop empathy for any of the characters. The climax does not deliver and and there is very little closure.

Some have gone as far as to compare this to Lord of the Flies, they are wrong, wrong, wrong or read a really different version than me.

I will not be reading the sequel, I have already spent too many lost hours on this book.


Grade: D

No comments:

Six Truths and a Life | By Ream Shukairy

Expected Publication Date: March 12, 2024 A Fourth of July bonfire party ends with an explosion and 6 muslin teens behind bars. A person is ...