Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Secrets of My Hollywood Life: Family Affairs by Jen Calonita

I had no clue, Secrets of My Hollywood Life: Family Affairs was part of a series. I stands strong on its own. The characters are well developed and the story line is cute, fun and engaging. This is an easy, simple summer read. My only issues is that I have no desire to read the sequel or the prequel because I don't necessarily care what happens to the characters. So, if your looking for an easy read that doesn't require time or makes you feel the need to read the rest of the book in the series, this is for you. 

Grade: B

Synopsis The filming for sure-to-be-blockbuster movie Pretty Young Assassins has wrapped, and teen movie star Kaitlin Burke returns to life on the set of primetime drama Family Affair. After ten seasons filming, she would have thought that she could see it all coming, but with a plotting new actress on set, all bets are off. The new diva, Alexis, makes even Sky seem like a puppy in comparison. Can Kaitlin keep her sane boyfriend, her insane job, and her composure in the face of this new star power?

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...