Saturday, July 5, 2008

Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank, Otto H. Frank (Editor), Mirjam Pressler (Editor)


As a young girl, I read Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl. I remember being taken back by it and saddened by the events of the Holocaust. However I remembered little else, so I picked the book up while at the library the other day (A new one opened up across the street from me).

Rereading it I realized just how remarkable this young girl was and how similar to is to the girls of today. Although her life and circumstances are unfathomable.

This book is poignant and deeply moving. I read the edited version as a young girl and I have to say that this one is much better. You see a deeper more mature side of Anne Frank.

This book is honest, haunting and sad...

Grade: A

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...