Friday, September 18, 2026

The Poison Daughter | by Sheila Masterson

 

One kiss from Harlow Carrenwell results in death. She uses this to her advantage to seek out vigilance against men who hurt women. Her first husband is dead and she is betrothed to her next victim but he holds a secret that can change her life forever.

Harlow is the daughter to a founding magical family - a family that uses their powers to take out who they see fit including her new betrothed family. Henry's family has their own magic  and agenda but who he is as person makes Harlow weak in the knees. She's falling for the enemy but secrets surface that have her questioning everything. 

This book is spicy AF. I wasn't expecting just how spicy it would get. The magic not something I usually care for is phenomenal and had me turning pages to see what would transpire. The drained ones while dangerous and deadly are intriguing and could have their own book. 

This is a world that is beautifully crafted and needs further exploration. Prepare yourself to feel uncomfortable due to heavy themes that could trigger some readers (not me). Expect secrets to unravel that will make you gasp. I went into this book blind at the suggestion of a friend and I am glad I did otherwise I might not have picked it up what has been one of this years favorite reads. 

No comments:

Vanguard (Razorland, #4) by Ann Aguirre

The Razorland Saga continues with Vanguard. The focus is on Tegan. She goes on an epic journey as a ship's doctor. She befriends many on...