Sunday, July 2, 2017

Teammate: My Journey in Baseball and a World Series for the Ages by David Ross and Don Yaeger


I have been a Chicago Cubs fan for nearly 20 years and after 108 years they finally  won The World Series. I cried like a baby and still tear up when I see clips of the win.

There have been many players who have contributed to the Cubs team, some more memorable than others (Mark Grace, I love you!) but this 2016 team has stolen my heart, one of them is David Ross (or Grandpa Rossy).

His memoir, Teammate gives fans, deeper insight into the life and journey of a professional baseball player. This is a segment of his life. This is David Ross.

Rossy takes us on a journey from his Rookie Days to his last play and what a play it was! His book chronicles the ups and downs on his career and what it takes to be a teammate. There is some insight into his personal life, regarding his wife and children.

Rossy is full of candor regarding his not so great moments and how he built it up to become the person he is now. I enjoyed reading about his time on other teams and the build up to the World Series Win.

This is super fast, interesting read. I love his selfishness, humility and leadership qualities.  I have taken use of some of his teammate qualities into my workplace.

Expect to choke up and maybe shed a few tears (for us Cubs fans who still get emotional about the win!!). I recommend this read and hope that you enjoy it as much as I have.

Go Cubs!



No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...