Friday, August 28, 2015

The Job: True Tales from the Life of a New York City Cop by Steve Osborne


"How ya doin?" 

This book is a collection of personal essays about what life was like for, Steve Osborne as a NYC cop.

Steve Osborne is a storyteller. I very .... opinionated one at that. When, I was able to look past (or attempt to) his negative references to liberals, I was able to absorb myself into his life stories. I do have to admit, I had to take breaks from in between the essays and pick up other things because they can be a bit redundant. Don't let that sway you because the stories are worth reading.

Expect one story to break your heart (hint: it involves a dog). The first half of the book is is much less personal then the second half, where, Osborne touches on more personal subjects such as 9/11, the death of a family member and retirement.

Many thanks to NPR, without their coverage on this book, I never would  have picked it up!

Grade: B - 


No comments:

A Stranger in the House by Shari Lapena

Tom Krupp returns from work and something is amiss. His wife, Karen is not home and her purse and cell phone have been left behind and there...