Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Tao of Martha: My Year of LIVING; Or, Why I'm Never Getting All That Glitter Off of the Dog by Jen Lancaster

I love, Jen Lancaster --- Martha Stewart not so much. As a result, I was hesitant to read this but I realized it was more about Stewart's methods and less about her as a person.

Jen had a series of setbacks and she isn't hesitant to tell her readers about it and as a result she decides to organize her life and focus on what
makes her happy. She channels her inner, Martha Stewart in an attempt to be more crafty and organized. Some things work out fabulous others not so much.

There are many hilarious and entertaining moments and some rather scary and sad ones. She discusses her breast cancer scare and as someone who had one this year (at a much younger age then, Jen), she chronicles is perfectly. She hit every single feeling, I went through perfectly.

Her beloved dog, passes away --- and for the first time ever, Jen made me cry tears of sadness rather than tears from laughter.

Jen Lancaster is witty, crafty and manages to make a reader feel, like one of her good friends. This is a perfect summer read and a book you will want to pass on to friends or if you are anything like me --- suggest it because I'm not a fan of lending out my books!

Grade: A






No comments:

Six Truths and a Life | By Ream Shukairy

Expected Publication Date: March 12, 2024 A Fourth of July bonfire party ends with an explosion and 6 muslin teens behind bars. A person is ...