Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Future We Left Behind by Mike A. Lancaster

The Future We Left Behind, hits the shelves, November 13, 2012


When I first started reading, The Future We Left Behind, I felt lost and confused as if, I was missing something. Then, I found it was a sequel to, Human 0.4.  I haven't read Human 0.4 and I recommend that you read it first or you will be as lost as, I was.

This book takes place thousands of years in the future --- Humans are connected to technology and they are constantly linked in. They are essentially connected to the Internet 24/7. 

Peter Vincent is the son of a famous scientist who saved the world by solving the dwindling bee population by developing an artificial bee. His father is brilliant and Peter doesn't measure up. That's not to say that, Peter isnt' brilliant because he is --- he not an inventor, he thinks quite differently from his father.

Things are rather normal, until Peter meets, Alpha. This puts, Peter on a much different path than his father would like. He beings to question the infamous Straker Tapes, tapes his father say don't exist. 

Lancaster, develops excellent characters and I imagine that the story itself flows well if you know the background story (which, I don't). There are also particular aspects of the book that left me confused, things I didnt' understand but I hope to after reading Human 0.4.

Grade: B




No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...