Friday, December 19, 2008

For Laci: A Mother's Story of Love, Loss, and Justice by Sharon Rocha

This is perhaps the best biography-memoir, I have ever read. Rocha's emotions literally leap off the pages leaving you breathless.
This memoir shows that a mothers love is eternal. You get never before read insight into who Laci was as a person, daughter, friend and sister. There is also information on the case that I have not read anywhere else giving you more in depth knowledge.
At times this memoir was so emotional, I had to put it down and walk away. I don't know if the emotions stemmed from the words on the page or because I saw so much of myself in Laci. We are similar in stature and looks.
This memoir is well written, organized and a wonderful tribute to her daughter and grandson's who's lives ended tragically. A recommended read for all.

Grade: A+

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...