Monday, August 31, 2020

My Daddy is a Hero: How Chris Watts Went from Family Man to Family Killer by Lena Derhally


I've always been interested in the Chris Watts case. I felt that everywhere I looked their just wasn't enough information or that the information was all over the place. I wanted to know more and when I was given the opportunity to listen to the Audio Version of My Daddy is a Hero, I was hesitant, I have never been a huge fan of audio books as I tend to get distracted while listening to a book or the reader doesn't capture my attention. I decided to give it a try .... and I am thankful that I did.

I had to rewind a few times and sometimes the reader's lisp on certain words was distracting but I was able to push through it all and complete the book and I am thankful that I am.

So far this is the most comprehensive work I have found on the Chris Watt's case. Derhally recreated the the night Watts murdered his family. She details the investigation using various sources and examines the relationships in his life. She also analyzes him and uses her knowledge as a psychotherapist to profile him. 

There are many times the passages in the book are emotionally drenching because it deals with two precious little girls who became the victim of  a person who should have treasured and protected them over all others. This is an excellent read (or listen) for other crime junkies like me. 

No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...