Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer


Do you ever read a book because you feel obligated to? Ever read a book because it's part of a series and you feel that you HAVE to? If you  haven't, where have you been hiding and teach me y
our secrets. Midnight Sun is an "obligation" book for me. The read wasn't as terrible as I  expected but it also took me way too long to finish this book to completion. 

This book is Edwards version of, Twilight.  Edward is crazier and stalkier than I thought. He is insufferable and creepier. I have second hand embarrassment for him. He is 100 plus years old and you'd think he would have grown some but nope, he is stuck in teen angst.

 I feel that if Edward was human, he'd be behind bars for stalking, Bella.

The narration is overwritten and I feel like I am being tortured but in an entertaining way. Edward is obsessive and anxiety ridden. 

Their are some good and interesting bits. Stuff that readers didn't know about before and background information on Edward's past and a few insights into the other Vampires in particular Rosalie (which left me wanting to know more about her) , how Alice was create and Emmet is oddly lovable! A few scenes are expanded upon and we learn a tiny bit more about Charlie, who is my favorite character. 

Just know that this is the exact same book just from Edwards mind. Read if if you want some giggles. Also? What is up with the cover. It grosses me out. 


No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...