Sunday, August 16, 2020

You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks (Author), Sarah Pekkanen (Author)


I read, “You Are Not Alone” months ago but somehow forgot to blog about it! This is surprising as I usually forget to blog about books that I find mediocre at best, which is not the case with this book.
I have been on a bit of thriller kick lately. Our heroine, Shay, along with insights from other characters tell the story I real time and via flashbacks.
Shay witnesses at suicide and inserts herself into the lives on the victim’s friends. She attends the memorial, invents a fictitious connect to the victim and quickly finds herself with a new group of friends. Her trusting character and lonely lifestyle make her vulnerable. You find an urge to protect her, even when she makes you squeamish because you just know something is amiss and when it comes down to it Shay will have to rely on herself.
This is an odd thriller with lots of unlikable and savory characters. Super fast read that will keep you entertained.

No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...