Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined by Stephenie Meyer

I have heard many different opinions regarding this book. I decided to take the plunge and read it myself however it did sit in my to be read pile for months before I took a chance at it.
I was clearly aware that the book is essentially Twilight, with gender roles reversed and a few minor differences what I wasn't expecting was how difficult it would be to get my mind to adjust to these differences. I spent way to much time trying to figure out who was who, with the exception of Beau and Edythe. Aspects of some characters no longer make any sense and some of the characters that used to be strong are now weak and vice versa. 

I felt rather annoyed but forced myself to continue reading and  half way through the book I got the hang of the reversed roles and started to see minor differences in the story line. I wasn't terribly impressed with the story re-imagined but found the ending to be satisfactory. 




No comments:

Before We Were Strangers by Renee Carlino

 Grace and Matt met during their senior year at NYU. They became quick friends, formed a strong bond and feel in love. College graduation, c...