Friday, January 17, 2020

The Dating Charade by Melissa Ferguson



The Dating Charade is a cute book, a decent read and I wanted to love it but it just felt flat and a bit unrealistic.

Jett and Cassie are great characters and I would have loved for the book to have been about them but sadly it's more about the situation they are put into when they each find themselves raising other people's children and trying not to let one another known in fear that they other wouldn't want to be with them.

The chemistry between the two characters is great and I wish the focus had been on their relationship. I don't really care to read about raising children and the chaos that ensues as they each attempt to  navigate parenthood. I also find it hard to believe that two people would each suddenly find themselves in a situation from having no kids to have kids overnight. It's too large of a coincidence. 

There is way too much focus on the kids and not on the relationship which makes the entire relationship seem farfetched. I kept waiting for the Rom-Com to happen but it never did or at least that was the case for me.




No comments:

Before We Were Strangers by Renee Carlino

 Grace and Matt met during their senior year at NYU. They became quick friends, formed a strong bond and feel in love. College graduation, c...