Saturday, January 6, 2024

Sever (The Chemical Garden, #3) by Lauren DeStefano

Sever is the final installment of the Chemical Garden Trilogy. I last read it in March of 2013. It is  bit frightening how much of it I had forgotten. I had to run to my blog to see if I had indeed read it as I was starting to question if I had since so much of it seemed foreign to me. 

Sever is a perfect ending to this series. Characters grow substantially. Backstories are explored giving readers a deeper understanding of characters. New characters and old characters make an appearance.  Your opinion on characters might change (it did for me). The virus is explained and the ending while rushed is fitting and left me wanting more. Maybe a novella will happen? 

No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...